My three year project to write a book to assist artists with theirÂ watercolor painting is now complete. Both a paperback and eBook version are available from Amazon.
Watercolor is a magical and often challenging medium. However, once mastered, it will reward you withÂ the pleasure of creating striking works of art of infinite variety.
I haveÂ been painting with watercolors for over 18 years and have been teaching for more than ten. IÂ love the challenge of watercolor painting, and especially enjoy finding simple ways to explain and teach this wonderful medium.
Through this book, I set out to clear up widespread misconceptions about painting with watercolors. These common confusions hold watercolor artists back from achieving their full potential.Â I have tried to fill itÂ withÂ practical advice and techniques. My aim was to simplify watercolor painting to assist you in your personal watercolor adventure – so you could enjoy the journey!
Here are some of the topics coveredÂ in theÂ book:
- Key points that will move your work to a new level
- Watercolor basics
- How to fix watercolor paintings
- Step by step demonstrations
- Understanding the importance of water and time when painting with watercolors
- Solutions to watercolor painting problems
- Reflections and shadows explained
- How to paint outdoors with watercolors
- Perspective for landscape and urban street scenes
- How to paint water scenes
- What are tones and how to see them
- Selling your artwork